Become a new member of the Web competence team within a stable environment.
We are looking for a React Native Developer who will co-create modern mobile projects having a chance to work in domain diverse environments, working closely with experienced team members and clients from all over the world.
Working at Droids On Roids, you will be a part of the Web competence team and the part of a dedicated project development team along with Android Developers, QA’s, Scrum Master and Client himself.
About the job: technical
In software development we value:
Next developer happiness
- We care for a reliable test base. If the tests pass, there’s a high chance it will work on production
- Our code is self-explanatory
- We keep README concise, up-to-date and informative
- We commit to `main` at least once a day
Visibility in Communication
- We don’t rely on esoteric communication channels like offline, meetings or Slack.
- Each important information is moved to proper long-living place – documentation, Pull Request, code, knowledge base
- We over communicate our progress. No micromanagement is needed.
- We don’t play with the client’s budget. When considering new technologies, we take the risk into account.
- We solve problems. Client tells us what’s his and we will solve it time-efficiently.
- We don’t just move issues from one column to another. We make sure that the problem is solved.
- We proactively suggest best solutions and alternatives
- In discussions and meetings, we aim for action points: Who does what and when.
- We constantly ask ourselves: what’s important now?
- We focus on fixing instead of blaming
About the job: non-technical
The hierarchy in our organization is flat. That means we do things “bottom-up”- there’s no need to go through layers of management to solve a simple issue.
Depending on the project, your team contains iOS developers, Android developers, a QA engineer, a designer, and a scrum master. Usually, a team sits in one room (there’s no open space!), which makes for excellent cooperation, though right now we’re working remotely (you can still work from the office if you like). We work in Scrum with 1-2 week sprints (depending on the project), but we use it as a framework, not a process, meaning we adjust it to fit a project’s needs. As developers, we try not to do Agile, but be agile. We keep our product backlogs in Jira and our documentation in Confluence. We also use Google Suite, Trello and Slack.
We have weekly Web Team meetings where we discuss both the technical and non-technical. If you wish to attend Android, Flutter or iOS Team meetings instead, you are free to do so. Occasionally we also do joint meetings if we want to discuss general development topics.
Here are a few challenges for you:
- Working with an experienced team that includes designers, scrum & product managers, software developers and QAs
- Participating in software code reviews to ensure the creation of high-quality, robust code by all team members
- Participating in mentoring and skills transfer to rest of the team
- Evaluating new technologies and keeping up with current industry best practices
- Researching and recommending tools and technologies to support our mobile development
- Working based on Agile methodologies
- Developing friendly processes like Continuous Integration, Code Review and Mentoring
You need to have:
- Commercial experience working with React Native
- Positive attitude towards automated tests (unit and acceptance tests)
Extra points for:
- Experience with global state libraries (redux or mobx)
- Experience with iOS / Android stores release processes
- Experience with native mobile development
- Knowledge of Typescript
- Experience with CI tool (bitrise, semaphore or similar)
- familiarity with TDD process
- Experience with web frontend and backend development
Psst… You don’t match all of the items on our requirements list? Don’t hesitate to apply anyway – the confidence gap or imposter syndrome can sometimes get in the way, but we bet you’re amazing! 🙂