We are looking for iOS Developer who will co-create modern mobile projects having a chance to work in domain diverse environments, cooperating closely with experienced team members and clients from all over the world.
When joining us, you will be a part of the iOS competence team and the part of a dedicated project development team along with Android Developers, QA’s, Scrum Master and Client himself.
About the job: technical
As iOS developers, we love using Swift and do it whenever we can (well, as long as it’s an appropriate tool for the job). Writing unit tests is part of our daily workflow, not an afterthought. We’re also in the process of applying the same approach to functional testing.
We host our repositories on GitHub. Pull requests get reviewed by product team members. You can review other projects and platforms too! Every project has Bitrise CI hooks attached so actions such as pushes and pull requests trigger various automated workflows.
We don’t stick to a solution if it’s not working – we use tools to fit our needs, not to control us. Technical and architectural decisions are all up to you and your development team.
About the job: non-technical
The hierarchy in our organization is flat. That means we do things “bottom-up”- there’s no need to go through layers of management to solve a simple issue.
Depending on the project, your team contains other iOS developers, other platform developers, a QA engineer, a designer, and a scrum master. Usually, a team sits in one room (there’s no open space!), which makes for excellent cooperation, though right now we’re working remotely (you can still work from office if you like). We work in Scrum with 1-2 week sprints (depending on the project), but we use it as a framework, not a process, meaning we adjust it to fit a project’s needs. As developers, we try not to do Agile, but be agile. We keep our product backlogs in Jira and our documentation in Confluence. We also use Google Suite, Trello and Slack.
We have weekly iOS team meetings where we discuss both the technical and non-technical. If you wish to attend Android, Flutter or web team meetings instead, you are free to do so. Occasionally we also do joint meetings if we want to discuss general development topics.
What you get?
As Droids On Roids, we care about giving you a space to focus on your work always when you need it. We will provide you with a necessary equipment so you can work remotely during pandemic (MacBook, software and accessories). You’ll get access to private healthcare (Medicover) and paid days off to recharge whenever you need. With us, you’ll be able to develop your skills by taking part in internal workshops, internal projects and learning new technologies You’ll be given recurring training budget to use as you wish. If you are living outside of Wrocław, you’ll get 3000 PLN as a relocation bonus.
Here are a few challenges for you:
- Working with an experienced team that includes designers, scrum & product managers, software developers and QAs
- Participating in software code reviews to ensure the creation of high-quality, robust code by all team members
- Participating in mentoring and skills transfer to rest of the team
- Evaluating new technologies and keeping up with current industry best practices
- Researching and recommending tools and technologies to support our mobile development
- Working based on Agile methodologies
- Developing friendly processes like Continuous Integration, Code Review and Mentoring
We want you on board if you have:
- At least 4+ years of experience in developing mobile applications on iOS
- Knowledge of iOS application development, Swift and Cocoa touch frameworks
- Knowledge of iOS release process
- Good familiarity with CI/CD services
- Experience with Unit/UI/Snapshot testing
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Knowledge and understanding of design principles (e.g. SOLID)
- Experience in direct business communication
- Knowledge regarding the basics of Agile/Scrum
- Great communication skills
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Good written and spoken Polish
- Willingness to work from the office (Wrocław, Poland) during non-pandemic times
- Experience with Objective-C
- Knowledge of Flutter
- Mentor’s mindset
- Contributions to open source projects
- Knowledge of reactive programming paradigms
Psst… You don’t match all of the items on our requirements list? Don’t hesitate to apply anyway – don’t let the confidence gap or imposter syndrom get in the way – there’s a chance you’re more amazing than you think you are! 🙂