We are Contractbook, we digitise the legal industry.
Contractbook is legal tech company backed by Google’s AI-fund, Gradient Ventures. We are on a mission to help people achieve better contracts through data-driven contract automation. We offer a digital contract management platform where our users are able to manage the entire lifecycle of their contracts in one flow. Create contracts using questionnaires or templates, sign them with a digital signature and organise them safely in the cloud. They can also collaborate in teams, execute the contract to fulfil obligations, and analyse the content to maximise their value.
We work distributed and value the benefits that come from flexible work hours and environments. Our team is free to choose when and where they work. However, you are also welcome at our office in Copenhagen. We support each other and collaborate to perform like a sports team. That means we have a flat organisation structure and trust everyone to self-organise their own work. We share our knowledge and value clear, straightforward communication across the entire organisation. We simplify our work processes as much as possible and use tools to give every team member what they need. We use cutting-edge technology to enhance our performances. We always test the latest updates and let people pick the tools they prefer to work with.
We work remotely and as async as we can. We understand, though, that in crucial cases, there is nothing better than a video call to get everybody on the same page quickly.
We’re rational about the technologies we use. We pick the most popular and up-to-date, but also those with large and helpful communities.
We work in cross-functional teams where team members have direct impact on what is being build.
We simplify our work processes as much as we can and understand distributed work culture and it’s challenges.
We are good friends but expect from each-other to perform like we would in a sports team.
We organize company meet-ups and they sometimes look like this
We are building a harmonic group of unselfish team players. We do not allow brilliant jerks, even if it means that we miss out on some talented people. What is essential for us, is that you fit into our culture and that you show openness, ambition and motivation. In return, we will facilitate an environment where talented people can learn, grow and boost their career.
Check more about the company culture here
- is eager to learn and do research
- has a good understanding of and practical experience with modern web (SPA, PWA) apps’ architectures
- has practical experience with modern, REST-ful APIs’ architectures
- feels comfortable working both on the front-end and the back-end
- bonus points for experience with our particular stack - React and Elixir - but experience with other similar technologies and being a quick learner will do, too
- understands modern approaches to code quality (various types of automated tests, CI/CD etc.)
- has a pragmatic, mature approach: applying adequate solutions to real problems
- is result oriented
- feels comfortable working in a very collaborative team setup
- feels comfortable taking leadership of projects and technical initiatives
- speaks english fluently
Technologies and patterns we use
- Redux (application architecture)
- Heroku, Google Cloud Platform
Good to know
- Cloud platforms (Heroku, AWS, Google Cloud)
- you like programming meetups and conferences
- you know functional programming paradigm