Svitla Systems Inc. is looking for a Senior Web Developer (with Angular) in Poland. Our client is a global provider of online trading services. Their innovative trading technology provides market access and highly automated trade execution services across multiple asset classes. We are looking for a Web Developer with experience in building Web applications to join the client's Platforms team, responsible to develop trading platforms using the in-house API. They also integrate with internal and third-party solutions. You will work in a scrum team, focused on high-quality deliverables to meet business requirements.
- You will be part of a self-contained scrum team located in Krakow to deliver new components of the trading platform that is developed in USA (East Coast), United Kingdom and Poland.
- Ideal candidates have a good understanding of web application development, financial domain, streaming etc. They should be experienced with the full cycle of a software project: conception, development, deployment, and the continuous improvement stage.
- You will participate in the entire sprint process from estimation and design to feature rollout and you will work with and pair with other members of the team of all disciplines, BA, QA and other developers.
- We build our platform with quality in mind. You will provide Unit Tests to sustain quality and regression coverage as well as you will support QA with integration testing fixtures to support automated testing.
- You will be expected to maintain a high level of conduct, ethical standards and values as well as maintain an appropriate level of competence through ongoing training, making requests for updates or development as required.
- Perform detailed requirement, design and code reviews to ensure thorough due diligence is applied.
- Understand individual business requirements in order to design, develop and test effective solutions.
- Understand and implement required development guidelines, design standards and best practices at all times.
- Understand in detail the business operational process both before and after the impact of any software changes.
- Understand and document hardware, network and infrastructure requirements of software changes.
- Take responsibility for ensuring that sprint plans and work estimates are accurate at all times so that reliable delivery estimates can be reported.
- Be an active participant in sprint retrospectives and take actions to continually improve the team’s ability to deliver quality product on time.
- Implement test and behavior-driven approaches and provide support to QA in both manual and automated testing.
- Provide prompt and knowledgeable assistance to business continuity and platform operations whenever requested.
- Adhere to and enhance the firm’s compliance with applicable laws, regulations and codes of conduct in all jurisdictions in which the Firm conducts business and which have an impact on its business.
- Work to identify risks and enhance control across the business.
- Maintain an appropriate level of competence through ongoing training, making requests for updates or development as required.
- Strong programming and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in Object Oriented Programming & Design
- 4+ years of HTML, Angular, JS, Type scripts, CSS 3.0
- Solid understanding of the full web development life cycle
- Knowledge in Teamcity, Git, BDD, TDD, browser-specific development.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Participate in scrum processes like sprint planning, estimations, retrospectives, backlog grooming sessions etc. with the team.
- Willingness to test your code and write unit tests, Behavior tests, integration tests (with and without mocking).
- Ability to communicate in English on a daily basis
Will be a plus:
- Experience with financial products and/or payment systems.
- Experience working with distributed, multidisciplinary teams.
- Design and build advanced app features for the web platform.
- Independently craft project solutions by applying solid Object-Oriented-Design principles.
- A competitive compensation plan that takes skills and experience into consideration.
- Annual performance appraisals.
- Possibility to choose your workspace either remote or a combination of your home and one of our development offices.
- Flexible working hours and adjustable work/life balance.
- Projects that use advanced, cutting-edge technologies.
- Competitive bonuses for a personal recommendation of new employees.
- Vacation time, sick leaves, national holidays, family supplementary days off.
- Free meetups, webinars, and conferences organized by Svitla.
- Fun summer and winter corporate parties and memorable anniversary presents.