Young start-up founded by AI scientists from the University of Cambridge and Stellenbosch University very passionate about bringing visions to life using augmented and virtual reality is looking for a talented Game Engine Developer (C/C++/C#) to partner with us in making Virtual Reality performant.
Salary: up to 22 000 PLN net B2B
The very first product we want to create revolves around the idea of remote team building in VR. We want to deliver to our customers a comprehensive service that will allow realtime interactions between members of a remote working team. It’s sort of Office 2.0 where everyone can meet colleagues to work together or simply hang out and play games. All of it in VR using Oculus Quest.
Founding? Investors from Sequoia Capital and TechStars accelerator believed in us and our ideas, so we are ready to make them real.
What will you be doing?
As an emerging medium, Virtual Reality requires an extremely optimized code at runtime. We are looking for a self-starter type of person who can autonomously identify new ways of enhancing that user experience through optimizing low-level code that also minimizes internal tech debt.
What do we offer in return?
- The opportunity of working with the best AR/VR and AI enthusiasts in Poland an UK.
- The opportunity to create the product from its very beginning.
- Access to the newest headsets and coolest technologies.
- Cooperation based on B2B contract.
- 21 days of paid vacation leave and unlimited unpaid vacation days.
- Private health insurance.
- All necessary hardware and software tools.
Skills & Requirements
- Experience rapidly iterating on a product based on production-level user-feedback
- Experience developing, performance profiling, and optimizing across multiple VR platforms (in Unity), specifically Oculus Quest and Go (Vive is a bonus)
- Excellent software engineering fundamentals (ie., OO Design Principles)
- Extensive experience developing 3D games/experiences with C# and the .NET Framework in Unity
- Experience with Source Control (git)
- Exceptional team player with demonstrated competencies working cross-functionally to deliver results
- Experience with scaling to a large customer base
- Good written and communication skills (English)
It will make us even happier if you have any:
- Experience with C/C++, GCC, CMake/Make
- Experience with startups that have gone through Techstars, YCombinator, or similar accelerator programs
- Experience with CI/CD (automating DevOps as needed to minimize time from code-written to code-deployed)
- Experience using a disassembler (IDA Pro, BinaryNinja, etc) to determine how an application works and processes data.
- Ability to analyze assembly-level code (x86, x64, ARM, ARM64, etc)
- Strong understanding of client & server application design
- Experience using another cross-platform engine like Unreal