A well-funded startup based in San Jose with teams located in Poland (Rzeszów & Łódź) creates a digital marketplace for the chemical industry. Due to intensive product development and expansion into the European and Asian market, we’d like to engage high-skilled, proactive, and focused on long cooperation talents for the position:
Technical Product Manager
Salary: 13 000 - 20 000 PLN net B2B
Location: Rzeszów or REMOTELY
Our platform is the first product of this kind dedicated to the chemistry sector. We connect customers and producers from all around the world early in the product development lifecycle. The goal is to create a space where our clients will be able to research, discover, collaborate, negotiate, and purchase chemistries and products quickly and repeatedly with a level of information transparency never before seen in this industry.
The team in Rzeszów consists of Release Manager and Architect, Product Owner, Project Manager, Scrum Master, 5 Backend Developers, 6 Front-end Developers, QA Specialist, Graphic Designers, and Testers who report to Tech Lead located in the office.
What we expect you to be doing?
We’re looking to add an immensely talented Product Manager to help direct product development and ensure a high return on investment. You’ll translate ideas into strategy and features, and follow product development from start to finish. The products we will create together simply do not exist today. This is your chance to fundamentally affect how product innovation occurs across all industries, globally. To succeed in this role, you should be a perceptive and creative leader and a reliable problem-solver. If you’re also confident and have a knack for knowing what ideas will and won’t work, we’d like to meet you.
- Helping our engineers build a product that addresses business needs.
- Understanding, aggregating and prioritizing the needs of multiple teams inside the organization, as well as the needs of our end customers.
- Prioritizing internal tasks and topics - refactoring, migrating, scaling, improving, etc.
- Balancing among multiple expectations and helping the organization find a way to proceed that maximizes overall value.
- Constantly looking for ways to deliver 80% of business value within 20% of development or complexity costs.
- Politely but firmly rejecting requests where expected value gain does not justify the costs.
- Analyzing the impact of introduced changes in order to better prioritize next time.
- Managing the backlog and drafting roadmaps.
- Identifying and handling dependencies between tasks and topics.
- Clarifying business objectives and expectations of the new features.
- Monitoring system KPIs and individual components (usage & business value vs hardware & maintenance costs).
- Managing some aspects of the release cycle including release notes, documentation, training, deployment troubleshooting, compliance, etc.
- Communicating roadmaps, backlog summary, new releases, etc.
- Helping other teams understand what’s happening under the hood of our system.
- Having fun and taking care of yourself.
What do we offer in return?
- Long-term cooperation based on B2B contract or contract of employment if working on-site.
- Individual approach to each employee
- Flexible working hours and the possibility of remote work
- Opportunity to advance your skills, and grow with a well-funded startup.
- Possibility of professional growth among sigh-skilled specialists.
Skills & Requirements
- Previous experience in a similar role.
- Very good understanding of the software development world.
- Formal education in Computer Science or any other related, technical field.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Productive in Excel / Google Sheets.
- Good technical knowledge of how the modern web works (HTTP, cookies, browsers / mobile devices).
- Analytical mind, able to slice the elephant in a proper way.
- Systematic, responsive, using proper productivity tools as needed.
- Responsible and taking full ownership of their work.
- Available at evenings for sync’ calls with teams in other locations.