We are all about supercharging tech-based businesses. But make no mistake – software development is just a part of what we do at Startup House. Our mission is to deliver all-around support for startups at all stages of development.
Our Development Team is expanding and looking for fresh blood – we’re currently looking for a Node.js Team Leader who will guide our developers on their development path and lead development projects with success.
As a Team Leader in Development, you will work both as a people manager and senior developer on projects with a time ratio of 30% for management and 70% for project-related work.
It’s a great role for you if you want to advance your career as a manager but still develop great startup projects hands-on!
How can you grow with us?
as a Team Leader:
- You will take charge of our Node.js Team (up to 4–5 people) and help them achieve even better results,
- You’ll work directly with our CEO and other managers to improve your management skills and become an even better leader than you are so far,
- You will be supported by our HR team in your management role, so you won’t be left alone.
as a Senior Developer:
- You will work on various projects for clients of different backgrounds, both business- and consumer-targeted,
- The next product you’ll help create could be either an ingenious IoT mobile app for kids in Norway, an innovative LegalTech solution or a HealthTech platform that helps fight the pandemic in Nigeria... or something just as exciting!
- You’ll gain wide experience in a multitude of industries and in various methods of work, both for exciting startups and established enterprises like Siemens or Toyota,
- Our fast-paced work environment guarantees rapid skill development,
- You will own your work and decide on the project’s direction.
What you'll be responsible for
as a Team Leader:
- You will lead one of the best Development teams (this year we were named a Top Developer by Clutch)!
- You are going to take care of quality standards in JS development,
- Together with our CEO and HR team, you’re going to define recruitment needs in your team and participate in the recruitment process,
- You will work on improving the onboarding process for new employees,
- From time to time, you will conduct periodic reviews with Development team members to motivate them and help them grow.
as a Senior Developer:
- You will lead a project team together with a dedicated PM, in order to create the best product possible,
- You’ll make sure that our products reach the highest level of quality, both in technical and business aspects,
- You will participate in product design reviews to provide input on functional requirements, designs, schedules, or potential problems.
What we’re looking for:
- 1+ year of experience in a Team Leader or any other managerial role,
- B2+ in English (preferably C1),
- Awareness and understanding of the entire development process,
- Knowledge of Lean, Agile processes and Startup Development Phases.
- Precise vision of your role within the company and team,
- Will to improve your skills in the field of team management on your own and in cooperation with HR,
- Proactivity and high level of organization of own work, with strong skills in time management and planning,
- Ability to see both the business and team side to create proper and working solutions,
- Great communication skills – especially the ability to listen to other team members and the ability to communicate your thoughts clearly.
- Experience with backend using React or Ruby on Rails,
- Experience with Cloud solutions – GCP / AWS / Azure,
- Experience with some DevOps skills (CI / CD, Ansible).
- Private healthcare package,
- Veeery flexible working hours and up to 5 days of remote work,
- Multisport card possibilities,
- Fun, dynamic, start-up environment always eager to search for new initiatives either to work or have some fun!
- Best devices (we work on MacBooks).
Write to us, call us, join us and let's make some startups grow!