Are You the team member we are looking for?
Unit8 is looking for a Data Engineer to join our team in Krakow. As a member of agile project teams, your mission will be to build solutions and infrastructure aiming at solving business problems of our clients.
- You know how to work with high volume heterogeneous data, preferably with distributed systems such as Hadoop.
- You know how to write distributed services in Python or Java or Scala.
- You are knowledgeable about data modeling, data access, and data storage techniques.
- You appreciate agile software processes, data-driven development, reliability, and responsible experimentation.
- You understand the value of teamwork.
- You are willing to travel up to 20% of your time to meet with your clients (mainly in Europe and outside covid time).
- You are comfortable to interact with clients and to deliver presentations on how you can solve their issues.
- You are customer-focused and you have a service-oriented mindset.
- You are eligible to register as sole trader (self-employment) in Poland.
What You’ll Do
Unit8 is growing at a fast pace and your role can evolve and will depend from our clients’ challenges. In general, you will:
- Design, build, maintain, and troubleshoot data pipelines and processing systems that are relied on for both production and analytics applications, using tools like Spark or Airflow.
- Help drive optimization, testing and tooling to improve data quality.
- Collaborate with other software engineers, ML experts and stakeholders, taking learning and leadership opportunities that will arise every single day.
- Work in multi-functional agile teams to continuously experiment, iterate and deliver on new product objectives.
What We Offer
- Work on client projects that have a concrete impact on the business
- The opportunity to join a fast-growing service company with a start-up atmosphere
- Self-employment flexibility linked with B2B contract
- Tailor-made mentorship program
- Learning activities such ML and Engineering Reading Groups
- Knowledge sharing sessions with other engineers
- Compensation package including base salary, yearly bonus based on the performance of the company and company shares
- 10% of the time for self-development
- Cross offices/company wide frequent events (off-site or on-line)