We’re looking for a software engineer with experience of building cloud based microservices that enable consumer apps to come to life. You’ll be joining an engineering team tasked with developing the next generation OANDA trading platform, supporting our clients to trade the financial markets with confidence and convenience. The team is responsible for the product end-to-end (architecture, coding and deployment).
- Design and develop scalable cloud based microservices
- Ensure high product quality through code reviews and automated tests to increase confidence in releases
- Be responsible for monitoring and maintaining the health of our apps running in production (bugs, crashes, performance, etc)
- Lead proof of concept efforts for candidate architectures
- Share your knowledge and best practices with the team
SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- 3+ years experience developing Java microservices
- Strong knowledge of the Spring framework
- Experience integrating RESTful clients
- Familiarity with Docker
- Understanding of resilient, highly-available applications
- Familiarity with Google Cloud Platform and Kubernetes
- Familiarity with Typescript (node.js)
- Hands-on experience with NoSQL databases
OANDA Global Corporation is a diverse and global team with offices around the world. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to OANDA. We are committed to creating and sustaining a collegial work environment in which all individuals are treated with dignity and respect and one which reflects the diversity of the community in which we operate. We provide an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible.