As a member of the Platform Engineering team at OANDA, you are responsible for providing the infrastructure to efficiently and reliably serve our applications to OANDA customers. You will manage the underlying hardware and operating systems to deliver a high-availability, fault-tolerant global platform spanning on-premise and cloud environments. In addition, you will provide a platform for application delivery based on modern orchestration and automation tools to enable the product development teams to quickly and safely deploy, while ensuring continued adherence to OANDA security and engineering standards.
- Design, build and operate cloud and on-premise environment using Infrastructure as Code approach.
- Automate system administration of VMWare, Linux, Windows and Solaris servers and virtual hosts.
- Work with the network engineers on the design and configuration of network solutions such as hardware and software load balancers, firewalls and interconnectivity and routing between our production environments.
- Deploy modern distributed observability and monitoring tools to measure service levels and improve performance and availability of our systems.
- Respond to, and resolve, production incidents. Contribute detailed feedback to our postmortem process and translate event learnings into infrastructure and application improvements.
- Work on cross-functional teams to research and deploy innovative products and technologies that improve our velocity, reliability, and performance.
- Google Cloud Platform
If you have experience with Python, PowerShell, Packer, Prometheus, ELK, Cortex, Splunk, PagerDuty.
OANDA Global Corporation is a diverse and global team with offices around the world. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to OANDA. We are committed to creating and sustaining a collegial work environment in which all individuals are treated with dignity and respect and one which reflects the diversity of the community in which we operate. We provide an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible.