Leading the delivery of solution or infrastructure development services for a small to medium sized project, using strong technical capabilities
Designing, developing and overseeing the maintenance of solutions or infrastructure deliverables, driving team compliance with the relevant standards
Fully understanding user requirements and translating requirements into design specifications, reviewing the work of others for technical details
- Leads the delivery of high-quality solution or infrastructure deliverables, setting project timelines and continuously reviewing and updating the specifications, in line with user requirements
- Contributes to complex aspects of a project, performing coding, debugging, testing and troubleshooting throughout the development process
- Resolves escalated production and system enhancement issues
- Provides technical expertise to maximize value from current solutions, infrastructure and emerging technologies and seeks to continuously improve internal processes
- Develops working relationships with peers across Development & Engineering and Architecture teams, collaborating to develop solutions, and provides informal mentoring/training to junior members of the team
Requirements and qualifications
- Strong technical competency in designing, developing, and debugging solutions
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, IT, Mathematics, or related field preferred
- 5-7 years applied experience
- Significant relevant experience in either an internal or external software or platform engineering role, or similar
- Advanced technical knowledge and experience in delivering software / platform engineering solutions (depending on specialism), providing comprehensive technical advice and managing user requirements
- Some project management experience in an engineering / development environment
- Significant relevant experience in building application using container-orchestration systems like Kubernetes, and container engines like Docker
- Significant relevant experience in building real-time data pipelines and streaming apps using Kafka, and RabbitMQ message broker
- CI/CD delivery using code management, configuration management and automation tools such as GitHub, VSTS, Ansible, DSC, Puppet, Ambari, Chef, Salt, Jenkins, Maven, etc.
- Delivery using modern methodologies especially SAFe Agile, Iterative, Waterfall, etc.
What we look for
- A self-starter, independent-thinker, curious and creative person with ambition and passion.
What we offer
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.