- You will provide data from various tool sets to support forecasting models for upcoming contract renewals and present data back to key stakeholders.
- Provide data and analysis on vendors license position for audit defence projects; collaborate in assessments of new volume licensing contracts.
- Working with internal stakeholders, you will provide support for resolving and improving internal chargebacks, maintaining a SAM vendor runbook that details information on each vendor should be managed.
- You will also work alongside Vendor Relationship Management on contract optimisation.
- The role is involved in hosting licensing scenarios, application product use rights, vendor licensing portals and far more.
- You will work closely with other analysts Whilst there is a larger team of dedicated analysts, the role requires good levels of knowledge on all common volume licensing types and metrics, and will leverage the wider licensing/SAM team to ensure vendor coverage.
- The role also works routinely with EY teams and internal stakeholders to optimize their working SAM processes in order to close off issues creating risk or unnecessary cost.
- You will optimize spend for software of all types, such as server, client, SaaS, virtual, applications. middleware and infrastructure.
- You will work with the SAM License Managers, engaging and assisting internal clients and Service Owners in understanding and controlling their software licensing and avoid any legal / compliance pitfalls. This includes initiating the software asset management conversation with the client, performing an inventory of installed software, matching software with license entitlements, reviewing policies and procedures, and creating a software asset management plan.
Requirements and qualifications
- 5+ experience in a similar position/field
- Strong knowledge of at least two of Microsoft, IBM or Oracle, across multiple product families, together with demonstrable experience of working in large international organisations and with multiM$ contracts
- A solid understanding of cloud delivered software services, subscription/user based licensing will be needed
- Be a highly motivated team player with strong communication skills, professional writing, and presentation skills
- Ability to work with more technical licensing analysts
- Experience of working in a dynamic environment, balancing challenging workloads and deadlines with attention to deliverables
- Proven abilities to manage server software licensing models and product use rights across major software vendors
- Experience in working with high-value software contracts with vendors such as Microsoft, IBM, and Oracle
- Strong analytical, assessment and problem-solving skills
- A demonstrable knowledge of Software Asset Management (SAM) Licensing and process solutions working with Tier 1 vendors i.e. IBM, Oracle, SAP etc.
- Understand contractual models for sale/purchase of software and how to extract value in terms of cost savings & cost avoidance during a contracts lifetime and optimisation at its renewal
- Perform complex licensing tasks across multiple vendors within multiple client environments
What we look for
From our top performers we expect demonstrating proven ability to work well under pressure to tight deadlines and excellent attention to detail and focus on delivering high quality work. What’s more, creating strong and effective relationships is a huge nice to have.