The NLP team
We are a small team that combines software engineering skills with research to provide robust language technology for health apps. Our main focus is a service that allows capturing health complaints mentioned in natural language text as well as the surrounding infrastructure. The latter includes communication with our large medical knowledge base that is constantly being extended and improved, tested, evaluated, and seasoned with continuous integration.
We do research new ideas and make experiments, but ultimately we're responsible for delivering robust software that works in production environments and adapts to customers' expectations.
We are looking for someone who:
- has very good knowledge of and hands-on experience with Python 3
- has solid commercial experience with software engineering and design
- has a good understanding of algorithms and data structures
- knows what clean and efficient code means
- pays attention to detail and quality
- has experience in writing and using REST APIs
- is familiar with Unix console
- knows how to work both in a team and independently
- is ready to take full ownership of the tasks
- is proficient in English (both written and spoken)
- embodies and shares our core values - support, quality, and transparency (we believe in honest communication)
- has a degree in computer science or a related field (it would be a plus)
It would be even better if are familiar with:
- Google Cloud Platform
- Math libraries in Python
- Dashboards (e.g. Google Cloud Platform, Dash)
Your impact and responsibilities
- Development and maintenance of our language-understanding software (we use Python 3, NumPy, Spacy, PyTest)
- Delivering analysis and dashboards both internally and externally (mainly for the most important clients)
- Collaboration with Medical, Data Science and Metabase (Medical Knowledge Database) teams on delivering better integration of language-understanding software with a medical knowledge base where symptoms, risk factors, test cases, and translations are stored (tech involved: Python 3, Django, REST calls, dashboards)
- Designing and implementing a framework for remote testing, evaluation, and monitoring of the language understanding library (Python 3, REST calls, Google Cloud Platform, and some data visualization library)
- Implementing a simple search engine in Python using available libraries
It is worth noting that this position is not about data science, nor machine learning. We are looking for a proficient software engineer with a passion for designing new systems, learning new concepts and algorithms. Knowledge of NLP, Machine Learning, or statistics is not required.
We're committed to building an open and supportive environment where you can do your best work and improve your competence. You will be working with great people, and we will help you lead a healthy life outside of the office. What benefits do we provide?
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Flexible forms of employment
- Flexible working hours
- Any gear you need
- Ability to work remotely
- Paid vacations (also for B2B)
- Private health coverage (PZU Zdrowie)
- Free consultations with a doctor in our office
- Training budget
- Gym membership (MultiSport)
- Lunch discounts
If this sounds like a good fit for you, apply now by clicking the button below. We need to know where you are as a developer, so your application must include your CV and links to your online profiles (LinkedIn, your blog, etc.).
- A short call with selected candidates. It would take about 40-60 minutes.
- Coding task as homework. You would have 2 days to do the task in the most comfortable time.
- Next, two interviews are planned. Technical interview with NLP team members and interview with CTO to better understand your experience, expectations, and motivation. This would be done remotely and could take about 2 hours in total.
- If successful, you will be given a job offer proposal.
When you pass all steps, we’d be more than happy to have you on board!