The Software Engineer Java within the business unit “Technology Solutions Center” is responsible for the design and development of back end systems and services, and Swing based user interfaces, taking into account the latest technological developments and architectures like moving legacy applications into a Kubernetes cloud-environment.
- Having an impact. In our team every opinion matters. We are inviting everyone to bring their ideas along because we think that it helps us to create the best products possible.
- Minor benefits for you to enjoy. Holiday bonus, subsidies to private healthcare, sports cards, cinema, and theatre tickets and group insurance.
- Great atmosphere. Awesome people, foosball and after work beer is at your disposal.
- Challenges. We are not afraid of challenges because they are fun to solve Development. We are offering you not just a job but the place where you can professionally and personally grow.
- Open Communication. We strongly believe that good communication is at the core of all successful companies. That’s what we cultivate in our company as well.
- Improve and implement business and integration services based on Java Technology.
- Improve and implement entity relationship model and complex queries.
- Improve and implement synchronous and asynchronous application interfaces.
- Improve and implement Swing based user interfaces.
- Actively support the build and deployment process.
Requirements and qualifications
- Object Oriented analysis and design using common design patterns.
- Proven working experience in designing and developing applications using Java EE and/or Spring.
- Experience with Test Driven Development using testing frameworks such as Junit and Mockito.
- Experience with containerized Spring Boot Applications for Microservice Architectures is a big Plus.
- Experience with building high-volume / low-latency applications and familiarity with load test tools, such as Gatling.io and JMeter.
- Excellent knowledge of Relational Databases, SQL and ORM technologies, such as JPA2, Hibernate.
- Practical Experience with Message Integration (JMS, ActiveMQ, SQS ...), Web- and Rest Services (Jax-RS & JSON, Jax-WS & SOAP), Enterprise Integration Patterns.
- Familiarity with Java build tool ecosystem, such as Maven, Gradle, Nexus.
- Working experience with cloud and container orchestration platforms is a big plus, having worked with AWS and / or Kubernetes an even bigger one.