As a part of the engineering team you will be responsible for expanding our systems, as well as stabilizing current applications and making them more efficient. You will develop new projects according to the company’s needs and vision, become a technical owner, and expand your own skill set. We strongly believe in the value of self-improvement and hope that your ideas will help both you and the rest of the Displate team grow.
Understanding the technical debt is an important part of our work ethic.We are here to eliminate bottlenecks, improve our technology stack, and automate.
But most importantly, we make sure to have fun and learn from everything we do!
- Creating new functionalities and developing existing ones
- Optimizing system performance
- Code reviewing
- Taking active part in agile events
We expect from you:
- at least 2 years of experience with PHP
- knowledge of sql and query optimization
- understanding principles of software architecture and/or willingness to learn
- practical experience with testing web applications
Experience that would be helpful:
- microservice design patterns and communication
- knowledge about Laravel and/or Symfony frameworks
- practical experience with PostgreSQL, PHP7, Elasticsearch, RabbitMQ
- cqrs or DDD rings the bell
- understanding the impact of frontend part of application
- agile methodologies know-how
- analytical skills
We are looking for a person
- with strong communication skills, because discussions are key to moving forward
- who is not afraid of making mistakes, because that’s how you improve
- who enjoys challenges
- who is constantly looking to get better
- who wants to make an impact and is not afraid of taking responsibility
- who can see the big picture and the path to achieving great things
We’re cool because:
- plenty of opportunities for professional growth and an extremely positive atmosphere - everybody loves a smiling and accomplished coworker!
- work with a premium-quality product, manufactured in-house in our world-class facility
- we are a Polish company but a global brand who thinks BIG and acts accordingly
- we got an international workplace with a start-up vibe, always staying in touch with our global business partners and remote employees
- our modern office space sits right at the center of Warsaw where all the action is
- we also have a small but extremely talented team in Austin, USΑ working closely with our Warsaw team on a daily basis
- we work hard but play harder and strongly believe in the value of taking time off
- we know how to relax – we have a chill room, a game room, a drum set, and other stuff for you to rock on (after hours ;) )
- we regularly provide fresh fruit for that creative brain of yours
- you can have your coffee just the way you like it – there’s a French press, a moccamaster, and an automatic coffee machine that’ll never spell your name wrong
- we organize charity events, like Charity Breakfasts, to help others
- in our free access bookcase you can find comics, business books or art books (and a bunch of nice couches and hammocks to read them on)
- we want to help people express themselves so no holding back!