Are you ready to lead a team of software developers? We are looking for a hands-on leader and developer who is focused on building an exceptional team that will shape the future of Dynatrace.
About the role
First of all, at Dynatrace and on our team in particular, we make the work on deployment exciting!
As a Team Captain, you would do what it takes to establish a great team and create a great product.
You would be building tools to automate OneAgent and ActiveGate installation at scale, accelerating time-to-value for our customers and making an awesome first impression that sells the product. Scripts are just one way of doing that, but we may also need to integrate with existing mechanisms via APIs or provide means to reconfigure an already deployed product. In the future, perhaps even provide some automatic integrations with infrastructure change detection to make rollout and management at scale easier. Furthermore, these are not merely “just copy the files” scripts, but more like “do a lot of clever stuff to take the configuration burden off the users and provide 100% automated deployment” scripts.
We value correct and well thought out solutions over "temporary" quick fixes. Our goal is to ensure a flawless first-time experience for our users. After all, among all the features Dynatrace provides, the installer is used by each and every one. We pay particular attention to quality, reliability, maintainability, and robustness. All this helps customers install and configure OneAgent and ActiveGate in complex environments that span hundreds or even thousands of hosts. This is an opportunity to put your DevOps experience to practical use and to explore and support the use cases that are among the first interactions of Dynatrace customers with the product.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Creating an inspiring, cooperative environment with an open communication culture.
- Fostering team culture, discovering training needs, motivating and helping team members to grow.
- Developing scripts for deployment automation, using technologies such as Ansible, Chef, or Puppet.
- Creating deployment integrations for cloud platforms, primarily AWS and Azure.
- Being able to act proactively to ensure smooth team operations and effective collaboration.
- Working in an international setup with like-minded people (mostly in the same time zone).
- Facilitating Scrum ceremonies.
- Doing what it takes to get things done.
- Making sure the team works well together and organizing team-building activities.
Desired skills & experience:
- Experience in leading a team of software engineers.
- Strong desire to help other people grow.
- Practical knowledge of IaaC tools: Ansible, Chef, Puppet, PowerShell DSC, SaltStack, Terraform, and similar tools.
- Good command of at least one of the following scripting languages: Python, Shell script, PowerShell.
- Very good communication and cooperation skills.
- Highly developed problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Experience with Agile methodologies (for example, as Scrum Master).
- Focus on high quality (to keep up with our no-ops approach).
- Eagerness to learn new technologies.
- Good English communication skills.
- Ready to start as a Software Engineer and quickly grow into the target position.
Nice to have:
- Configuration and deployment management in cloud environments (AWS, Azure, GCP).
- Familiarity with Docker and Kubernetes.
- Front-end development skills (esp. Angular, GWT).
- DevOps or sysadmin experience.
- Experience in configuring CI / CD pipelines (Jenkins, Gradle).
When submitting your CV, please be aware that, due to the current health crisis related to COVID-19, we are currently subject to restrictions that limit our ability to extend offers to non-EU citizens for positions at our lab in Poland. We are keeping the situation under review and will adjust our position should the restrictive measures change. Should this affect your application, we are happy to keep it on file until further notice.