About the role
We are looking for a cloud geek who will help us to provide one simple, valuable solution focused on collecting, searching, and analyzing monitoring data across fully distributed architectures via cloud integrations.
At the core, we strive to help with monitoring and troubleshooting cloud components that cannot be instrumented with agents. We integrate with cloud monitoring data sources (CloudWatch, Azure Monitor, GCP Monitoring) to grab metrics, logs, events, and traces, and then process them to be usable by our AI engine. We also aim to augment the data that comes from agent-based monitoring with cloud-related context. Having all that, we want to provide a single pane of glass for DevOps engineers, app developers, and IT operations who are responsible for complex cloud architectures.
Currently we aim to deliver full coverage of Google Cloud Platform services monitoring, enable full Dynatrace AI support for all clouds metrics, and also provide cloud monitoring as a a Dynatrace extension.
We are fully remote until Covid-19 pandemic is declared over and it is safe to socialize. In the Post-Covid-19 reality we offer hybrid model, a fusion of remote and at-the-office work.
What you'll be responsible for
- Designing, implementing, and testing new features
- Advocating focus on performance, scalability, and security
- Continuously building upon and improving the Dynatrace product
- Participating in building the product roadmap
- Resolving customer problems together with the support team
- Proactively improving code quality
- Helping to mentor more junior engineers
- Sharing knowledge
Desired skills and experience
- Professional experience with Java or Python
- Hands-on experience with one of cloud technologies (for example: AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Strong product mindset
- Solid foundation in object-oriented programming, data structures, and algorithms
- Experience with clean code, design patterns, etc
- Ability to perceive functionalities from a global end-to-end perspective
- Good English communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Great team-player skills
- Analytical thinking